Do you want to know who is behind the delicious raspberry and pineapple flavored chews that are fruit salads? Well, this is the manufacturer behind such delights!
So, who makes Fruit Salad Sweets? Fruit Salad Sweets are made by Barratt, a brand owned and operated by Valeo Confectionary. Fruit salads are manufactured in Spain.
Interestingly, the Barrat Brand actually went through a rebranding. back in 2013.
The parent company (Valeo Confectionary – which too went by a different name at that time – Tangerine Confectionery), actually changed the Barratt name to ‘Candy Land’.
And an entire range of products and sweets (including Dip Dab, Refreshers, Sherbet Fountain, and Black Jacks) had product packaging changed, too.
However, in 2018, Barratt was restored to revive the sentiment of classic sweets, and product packaging was redesigned back to a more original look.
While there are no current plans to change the Barratt brand, or sweets such as Fruit Salads, that will ultimately be at the hands of one of the largest private and independent confectionery companies in Europe (Valeo Confectionary).
With an annual turnover of £150,000,000 and 1500 employees, these sweets are owned and manufactured by one of the biggest in the industry!
Other Sweets Valeo Confectionary Make
Valeo Confectionary also owns and operates the following brands and products of sweets:
- Anthon Berg – Liqueurs, chocolate creams, marzipan fruits, and specialist chocolate bars
- Anglo Bubbly Bubble gum
- Barker and Dobson – Mints, Mint Humbugs, Everton Mints
- Barratt – Black Jacks, Bruiser, Candy sticks, Sherbet Fountain, Dip Dab, Catherine Wheels, Dolly Mixture, Jungle Mix, Dew Drops, Flumps, Frosties, and Fizzy Frosties, Gums, Jelly Babies, Milk bottles, Milk Teeth, Nougat, Refreshers, Refreshers Gums, Refreshers Roll, Mini Eggs.
- Jamesons – Caramels, Chocolate peanuts, Chocolate brazils, Chocolate raisins, Raspberry Ruffles
- Lion – Fruit Salad, Fruit Pastilles, Licorice Gums, Wine Gums, Sports Mixture, Midget Gems
- Mojo Chews – Lollies, jellies
- Princess – Marshmallows, Marshmallow smoothies
- Sharps of York – Toffee, Fudge
- Smith Kendon – York Fruits
- Squirrel – Cherry lips, Floral gums
- Hobo’s – Liquorice Chews With Fruit Sides
- Taveners – Coconut Mushrooms, Toffee/Strawberry/Lemon Bon Bons, Eclairs, Rhubarb and custard, Fruit pastilles, Mint humbugs, Wine gums, Assorted licorice, Jelly Babies, Red and black gums, Blackcurrant and licorice, Toasted teacakes, Chocolate limes, American hard gums, Lemon and strawberry sherbets, Dolly mixture
Where Are Fruit Salad Sweets Made?
Fruit Salad sweets are made in factories in Spain, run under the Barratt brand but operated by Valeo Confectionary.
You can still get fruit salad sweets, they are available at the larger supermarket stores, independent sweet retailers, and via sweet shops and stores online.
Fruit salad sweets were first invented and sold in 1920.
Hello, I’m Matthew – a candy enthusiast and the founder of Sugar Stand. I created this site to share everything I learn about the world of candy – from brands, and products all the way through to recommendations and opinions. If you have a sweet tooth like me, you’ve come to the right place!