Today, I want to talk about two of my favorite candy bars: Snickers and Oh Henry!
These chocolate candy bars are often viewed quite similarly, but truth be known, there are actually a number of differences between them.
So, what is the difference between Snickers and Oh Henry? The main difference between Snickers and Oh Henry are the ingredients they are made from and resulting textures. Snickers has a chewy texture, whereas Oh Henry candy bars are crunchier.
Let’s delve into each candy bar further before expanding on these differences.
Then we will look at the overlap and how they are similar in some respects!
- 1 What Are Snickers Candy Bars?
- 2 What Are Oh Henry Candy Bars?
- 3 What Are The Differences Between Snickers and Oh Henry Candy Bars?
- 4 What Are The Similarities Between Snickers and Oh Henry Candy Bars?
- 5 Lastly
What Are Snickers Candy Bars?
Snickers are a brand of nut-based chocolate bar, produced by Mars, Inc.
This candy bar is made up of layers of creamy nougat, caramel, and peanuts, all coated in milk chocolate.
- The nougat layer is made from whipped egg whites, sugar, and corn syrup, giving it a chewy and fluffy texture.
- The caramel layer is made from heated sugar and cream, giving it a smooth and rich taste.
- The peanut layer is made from whole peanuts, giving the candy bar a crunchy texture and nutty flavor.
- Snickers also has a layer of fudge, which is made from a combination of sugar, butter, and chocolate. This layer adds an extra chocolatey richness.
It’s been around since 1930 and is manufactured by Mars, Inc.
The name “Snickers” actually comes from one of the Mars family’s favorite horses!
What Are Oh Henry Candy Bars?
Oh Henry are a brand of nut-based chocolate bar, produced by The Hershey Company.
This candy bar was created in 1920 by the Williamson Candy Company and is now manufactured by The Hershey Company.
It’s made up of a crunchy peanut butter center with a layer of caramel, all coated in milk chocolate.
- The peanut butter center is made from roasted peanuts, sugar, and molasses, giving it a rich and nutty flavor.
- The caramel layer is made from heated sugar and cream, which adds a sweet and creamy texture.
- The milk chocolate coating on the outside ties all the flavors together, giving it a delicious finish.
Oh Henry also has an interesting history.
The candy bar was was named after a young man who used to visit the factory and flirt with the female workers.
According to the story, the young man was so charming that the workers would shout “Oh Henry!” whenever he would visit.
The name stuck and became the official name of the candy bar.
What Are The Differences Between Snickers and Oh Henry Candy Bars?
The main differences between Snickers and Oh Henry candy bars are the ingredients they are made from, resulting textures and the manufacturer behind them.
Firstly, the ingredients are different.
While both contain peanuts and caramel, Snickers also has a layer of nougat and fudge.
Oh Henry, on the other hand, has a crunchy peanut butter center.
Secondly, the texture is slightly different as well.
Snickers has a chewy texture due to the nougat and caramel layers, while Oh Henry is more crunchy due to the peanut butter center.
Thirdly, the two candy bars are made by different companies.
Snickers is made by Mars, Inc., while Oh Henry is made by The Hershey Company.
What Are The Similarities Between Snickers and Oh Henry Candy Bars?
Peanuts As A Core Ingredient
Firstly, both use peanuts as one of their main ingredients, giving them a nutty taste.
Milk Chocolate Coating
Secondly, both candy bars are coated in milk chocolate, which gives them a similar flavor profile.
Both of these bars have been available for over 90 years!
Snickers has been around since 1930, while Oh Henry has been around since 1920!
You Can Still Buy Them
Both Snickers and Oh Henry bars are still being made and are widely available.
While Snickers and Oh Henry may share some similarities, they are also quite different from each other in terms of ingredients, texture, manufacturers, and age.
Nonetheless, both of these candy bars are delicious in their own unique way and are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth craving.
So, if you are yet to try either of them, make sure you do!
Hello, I’m Matthew, a candy expert and enthusiast with over a decade of experience in the candy industry. My passion for candy started at a very young age. Since then, I have worked in numerous, large candy stores, and have been fortunate enough to try out hundreds of brands of candies, different types and flavors. In addition to my work, I enjoy sharing my extensive knowledge with others, and decided to create Sugar Stand in order to do so. My mission is to make the world a sweeter place, one candy at a time.