If you’re here to research disregarded and unwanted materials that pose potentially harmful effects on living beings, then you’ve probably come to the wrong place. But if you’re here to find out how sour a delicious yet formidable candy by the name of Toxic Waste is, then you’ve come to the right place!
Today, we’re going to talk about Toxic Wastes and how and why they’re so SOUR!
Is there a danger with eating them, just like there is for eating ordinary toxic Waste? Maybe. Maybe not.
I’ll stop teasing you now. Time to get all the answers you’re looking for.
So, how sour is Toxic Waste? Toxic Wastes are THE sourest candy on the market. Top of the sour league table above Warheads Sour Candy in second place. They are this sour because they contain lots of acids, particularly citric acid. Even though they are edible, these acids make Toxic Wastes so sour that they can irritate and burn sensitive tongues and mouths if eaten in large quantities too quickly.
You can see why they got the name now, right?
So let’s continue to explore how the company behind them has managed to achieve such a sour flavor.
How Are Toxic Waste So Sour?
Toxic Waste is so sour because they contain lots and lots of citric acid. This is the ingredient that gives it that incredibly sour taste.
Who knows? Maybe the creator of Toxic Waste accidentally poured too much citric acid into their recipe but ended up going along with it when the brand earned the title of ‘sourest candy.’
Because that’s what Toxic Waste is. The sourest candy out there. And they get this intense sourness because they contain so much citric acid.
So much that there are actually some risks involved with eating it. But we’ll talk a bit more about that soon.
Citric acid is particularly useful for trying to recreate the flavours of citrus fruits like lime and lemon.
But it is also very useful for creating general sour tastes.
When you suck on a Toxic Waste, high levels of citric acid will enter your mouth and activate your tongue’s sour-tasting taste buds.
This intensely sour taste should only last for between 30 to 45 seconds.
Once you’ve sucked through and dissolved the initial coating of citric acid, then you’ll be able to enjoy the deliciously sweet candy underneath.
So Toxic Waste makes you work for that tasty centre of the candy.
But remember that they are sour because of so much citric acid being used in the making of them.
Is Toxic Waste Sour Candy Safe?
Toxic Waste sour candy is safe to eat if done responsibly (you do not eat too many at once or in a short period of time. Otherwise, this can lead to oral damage.
Of course, it is safe. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be FDA-approved. Otherwise, people wouldn’t still keep buying and eating them.
However, you can make Toxic Wastes unsafe if you eat too many in too short a period of time.
This is because it’s so sour due to its high citric acid content that it can damage your teeth and other parts of your mouth.
Let’s start by talking about tooth decay!
Toxic Wastes are so sour and contain so much citric acid that if you eat too many too quickly, then your tooth enamel could dissolve.
Tooth enamel is vital for protecting your teeth from decay and damage.
So there are two things you can do.
The first is you can not eat too many Toxic Wastes in a short period of time.
If you eat too many in a short period of time, then you’ll be adding dangerous levels of citric acid into your mouth.
The second thing you can do is brush your teeth and rinse your mouth after eating Toxic Wastes. That way, you get rid of the citric acid before it does its damage.
Toxic Wastes can also harm other parts of your mouth, like your gums and your tongue. It is acid, after all, so too much of it, and you could be facing some problems.
One of the most infamous ways Toxic Wastes can be dangerous is through burning your tongue. We’ll talk specifically about that in a moment.
For now, here are some tips to help you ensure that you’re eating Toxic Wastes safely.
- Don’t eat them with a dry mouth. In fact, you want your mouth to be super wet with saliva.
- Don’t eat too many! I’m going to keep saying this until it is ingrained in your memory.
- Eat something else non-acidic afterward.
- Clean and rinse after eating.
- Stop eating them altogether!
Can Toxic Waste Burn Your Tongue?
Toxic Wastes can burn your tongue if exposed to your tongue for too long or too many at a time. This is especially true if you have a sensitive tongue and mouth.
There have been reported incidents of Toxic Wastes burning tongues. Especially children’s tongues because they are much more sensitive.
Why does this happen? Well, we have to remember that citric acid is…an ACID!
Too much of it in one area can lead to irritation and, in severe cases burning, as long as it’s not dealt with through cleaning and rinsing.
Whether or not your tongue will be burnt after eating a certain amount of Toxic Wastes in a certain amount of time will depend on your mouth’s tolerance.
If your mouth is rough and tough, then you might be able to eat more toxic waste than the average person without your tongue being burnt.
But trust me, it will get you eventually. If you keep on eating Toxic Waste after Toxic Waste, then I don’t care how tough you think your tongue is; it will burn eventually.
People with more sensitive tongues will burn quicker after small amounts of citric acid. Children are particularly more vulnerable.
If you or someone who is in your care have burnt their tongue on Toxic Wastes, then don’t panic. There are ways of dealing with this.
Firstly you can apply some Benzocaine Oral Gel to the point where your tongue has burned.
Or you could place a tiny amount of baking soda on the burn to lessen the pain. Once the painful sensations cease, then spit out the baking soda.
And, of course, don’t eat anything that could exacerbate the burn. More sour candy, obviously, but also stay away from spicy, salty, citrusy, and crunchy foods!
Other Candies Toxic Waste Are More Sour Than
Toxic Waste is sourer than every other sour candy on the market. Yes, every single one! At least everyone that is FDA approved.
Toxic Waste top the sour league table, and they also nearly break the sour-o-meter!
They’re really that sour. There’s no one above them…At Least, no one above them who is also FDA approved.
Maybe there’s some candy wizard somewhere in Asia whipping up a sour candy that actually burns your tongue completely off.
But when it comes to legal products on the market, Toxic Wastes take all.
There are plenty of renowned sour candies out there easily beaten by Toxic Waste. Warheads come second.
And below them, in no particular order, you have Cry Baby Tears, Sour Nerds, Sour Patch Kids (even the extreme ones), Sour Skittles, Taveners Sour Lemon Drops, and Sour Flush Candy Toilets.
Other Candies Toxic Waste Are Less Sour Than?
There are no other candies that Toxic Waste is less sour than.
Lots of candy lovers love sour candy. But also, people like to challenge themselves by eating the sourest candy they can find.
Well, they should look no further than Toxic Waste.
Warheads are second to Toxic Waste, but even they are no match for the champion of sourness.
Sold in their very fitting yellow barrels, Toxic Wastes come with plenty of warnings about their sour taste. And they mean it.
Because Toxic Waste is second to none on the sour-o-metre!
Is Toxic Waste The Sourest Candy?
Toxic Waste is the most sour candy available on the market.
If you’re still not convinced, let me say it again! Toxic Waste is the most sour candy on the market.
They’re the only double-action super sour candy on the market.
They’re also the most hazardously sour candies, which is another accolade that only proves that they are top of the sour league table.
Trust me. No other candy out there will make you cringe and grimace upon contact with your tongue.
So why on earth would anyone eat them?
Well, they’re a challenge for sour candy lovers for a start.
And once you get past the intense sourness, they are absolutely delicious, providing you with a sweet and tasty flavor of whatever kind you picked up from the shelf.
So, it’s safe to say that Toxic Waste is pretty sour.
So sour that they are the sourest candy on the market.
And they owe that all mainly to citric acid and their inability to stop pouring it into the candy’s production mixture.
Be careful. They don’t have hazardous warnings on their packaging for no reason!
Hello, I’m Matthew, a candy expert and enthusiast with over a decade of experience in the candy industry. My passion for candy started at a very young age. Since then, I have worked in numerous, large candy stores, and have been fortunate enough to try out hundreds of brands of candies, different types and flavors. In addition to my work, I enjoy sharing my extensive knowledge with others, and decided to create Sugar Stand in order to do so. My mission is to make the world a sweeter place, one candy at a time.