Are you trying to work out how many candy corns are in a jar? Perhaps you have a mathematic puzzle to solve, you could be in a contest, or maybe you want to know how many you will need to fill a jar of your own.
Either way, here are all of the numbers you are going to want to know and more importantly, how to work it out!
How To Work Out How Many Candy Corns Fit In A Jar
To work out how many candy corns can fit in a jar, you first need to convert the weight/size of each candy corn piece to volume. From there you do the same with the jar and can then divide the volume of the jar by the volume of the candy corn.
So, the equation looks like this:
(Jar Volume – Packing Space) / Candy Corn Volume.
The packing space essentially allows for the empty space in the jar between each candy corn.
The More Scientific Approach
If you want the most precise estimate, follow these steps:
- Find the volume of several pieces of candy corn to get an average volume.
- To establish the volume, measure the base of a candy corn to the top (this is the height)
- Measure the base of a piece of candy corn (the bottom from one side to another).
- Multiply the base times the height, by one-third.
- Calculate the volume of the jar. To do so measure the base of the cylinder and the height of the cylinder.
- Divide the base of the cylinder by two to find the radius.
- Square the radius and multiply the result of the height by pi (3.14)
- Divide the volume of the jar by the average volume of candy corn. This will be the maximum number of pieces of candy corn that will be able to fit in the jar.
- Adjust your calculation downward by ~20 pieces to account for the empty space in the jar between each candy corn.
How Many Candy Corn Are In A 32oz Jar?
There are roughly 558 candy corns in a 32 oz jar, if full with minimal empty space at the top of the jar.
57.75 in³ – 2in³ / 0.1 in³ = 558
How Many Candy Corns Can Fit In A Gallon Jar?
There are roughly 2790 candy corns in a gallon jar, if full with minimal empty space at the top of the jar.
288.75in³ – 10in³ / 0.1 in³ = 2790
How Many Candy Corn Fit In A Mason Jar?
Roughly 140 candy corns fit in an 8 oz mason jar, where 279 candy corns in a 16 oz mason jar. Consider that this is if each respective jar is full with minimal empty space at the top.
14.375in³ – 2in³ / 0.1 in³ = 1408 Ounce Mason Jar
28.75in³ – 2in³ / 0.1 in³ = 27916 Ounce Mason Jar
Hello, I’m Matthew, a candy expert and enthusiast with over a decade of experience in the candy industry. My passion for candy started at a very young age. Since then, I have worked in numerous, large candy stores, and have been fortunate enough to try out hundreds of brands of candies, different types and flavors. In addition to my work, I enjoy sharing my extensive knowledge with others, and decided to create Sugar Stand in order to do so. My mission is to make the world a sweeter place, one candy at a time.