Are you looking for the Great Value Oatmeal cookie recipe? You know, the one that you can typically find on the back of Walmart’s “Great Value Quick Oats” container. Well you’ll be pleased you stopped by. I decided to document the recipe easy reference. And you can even print it out should you want to take it with you when shopping or baking, and you don’t have that container to hand. So let’s take a look, shall we?
Great Value Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 Cup Great Value Shortening
- 1 Cup Great Value Pure Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Great Value Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Great Value Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Great Value Milk
- 1 1/2 Tsp Great Value Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Great Value All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Great Value Salt
- 1 Tsp Great Value Baking Soda
- 4 Cups Great Value Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 (8 oz) Cup Great Value Old Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, blend the shortening with sugar, adding the sugar gradually.
- Add milk, eggs and vanilla – beat well.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda – beat well.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on greased baking paper/cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes
- Place cookies on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- The recipe calls for all Great Value ingredients. Note, you can substitute these for other brands, should you desire.
- Bake the cookies for longer (~13-15 minutes) if you prefer a cookie with a crunch.
- Bake for less (~10 minutes) if you prefer a chewier cookie.
Hello, I’m Matthew – a candy enthusiast and the founder of Sugar Stand. I created this site to share everything I learn about the world of candy – from brands, and products all the way through to recommendations and opinions. If you have a sweet tooth like me, you’ve come to the right place!