While we all do our best to eat only the healthiest of foods, there are times when only the most indulgent sweet treats will do. This Deep Fried Mars Bar recipe is tailor-made for those times!
It also means you no longer will need to head out to get one; you can now make these decadent but highly pleasurable taste sensations from the comfort of your own home.
And you’re going to want to go to the effort.
Even the most extreme sweet tooth is sure to be satisfied with one of these delicious deep-fried mars bars.
Deep Fried Mars Bar Recipe
- 4 Mars Bars
- 1 Serving Shortening or Cooking Oil For Frying
- 1 Cup Flour Sifted
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Water Cold
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Begin by mixing together the flour, the water, and the salt until the mixture is smooth.
- Cover the pan and allow it to stand at room temperature for between 20 and 30 minutes.
- After the mixture has sat for 20 to 30 minutes, stir the baking powder into the mixture.
- Put the cooking oil or shortening into a deep fat fryer and carefully insert a candy thermometer to ensure the proper cooking temperature.
- Take the flour mixture and begin to heat it over high heat.
- Carefully dip the candy bars into the batter, allowing any excess to drain off before putting them in the deep fryer.
- Fry the candy bars at 375 degrees until they have become golden and crisp.
- Carefully remove the candy bars from the deep fryer and allow them to drain on a paper towel before serving.
If Mars bars are not to your liking, this recipe also works just as well with a variety of other delicious candies.
Some of the best candies for deep frying include Snickers bars, Three Musketeer bars, and Milky Way bars.
Other delicious and indulgent treats, such as Twinkies and Oreo cookies, can be prepared in this manner as well.
With all these indulgent treats to come from, you can whip together the ultimate indulgent treat
How long do you deep fry Mars bars?
You only need to deep dry a Mars bar for between 30 seconds to 1 minute – until the batter flows a golden brown.
What does deep-fried Mars bar taste like?
A deep fried Mars bar is rich and indulgent in taste. It has flavors of chocolate and caramel, the chew of nougat, and a savory crunch of batter.
Can you make deep-fried Mars bars in an air fryer?
You can make deep-fried Mars bars in an air fryer. Although you will need to roll the Mars Bar in sweet shortcrust pastry before you add to the fryer to cook.
Hello, I’m Matthew, a candy expert and enthusiast with over a decade of experience in the candy industry. My passion for candy started at a very young age. Since then, I have worked in numerous, large candy stores, and have been fortunate enough to try out hundreds of brands of candies, different types and flavors. In addition to my work, I enjoy sharing my extensive knowledge with others, and decided to create Sugar Stand in order to do so. My mission is to make the world a sweeter place, one candy at a time.