For decades now, and I mean decades, candy lovers have enjoyed the wonderful delights of sour lemon hard candy.
I don’t know what it is, but there’s something about the taste and texture of sour lemon hard candy that makes it feel as though they’re centuries old.
Anyway, I love sour lemon hard candy.
You probably do as well.
But perhaps you’ve had enough of having to limit yourself to the bog standard stuff on the market.
A sour lemon hard candy lover like you deserves better.
If this is a candy you’re going to enjoy, why shouldn’t you enjoy the best there is that the market has to offer?
Today, I’m going to tell you all about the best sour lemon hard candy. So, let’s begin.
- 1 Best Sour Lemon Hard Candy
- 2 What Makes A Good Sour Lemon Candy
- 3 Things To Look For When Buying Sour Lemon Hard Candy
- 4 Finally
Best Sour Lemon Hard Candy
I love a top 5 list. And today, I’ve compiled one of my favorite sour lemon hard candies.
Sour lemon hard candies aren’t made by the most notable brands, so it can be a field of candy that is slightly more difficult to navigate than, say, lollipops.
Nevertheless, there are some brands out there that specialize in producing not just sour lemon hard candy but all types of hard candy.
The candies on this list have made it here because they are my favorites in terms of taste and texture.
Bear in mind that all of the candies on this top 5 list can be purchased in abundance from Amazon.com.
I buy all of my candy from Amazon because they offer great accessibility to bulk buying at money-saving rates.
Amazon is also very fast when it comes to delivery. It’s part of the reason they’ve become so successful.
Now, without further ado, here is my top 5 list, in no particular order, of the best sour lemon hard candies on the market.
Lemon Drops Hard Candy
These individually wrapped sour hard candies are kosher certified and come in big 4-pound family-size bags.
These are a tarty lemony sour taste that’s a throwback to the glory days of hard candies in the 20th century.
But young tongues will enjoy them as well. Everyone will, in fact.
That’s why they produce them in big family bags for all the members of your family to enjoy.
But because they’re wrapped, they’re also convenient for the on-the-go.
Simply line your pockets with a few, and you can catch a lovely sour lemon break throughout the day.
- Sour Lemon Candy has a tart lemony taste and bright yellow color.
- Each piece of this classic candy is individually wrapped, great for on the go!
- Buy in bulk to save money. Approximately 64 pcs per pound. Includes 4 lbs. Resealable bag for easy storage.
- Great candy that will be loved by kids of all ages (and adults too). Enjoy these sweet treats with many enticing flavors of the classic candy you crave.
- Individually wrapped. Kosher Certified. Items are repackaged in a facility that may contain milk, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, wheat and all other allergens.
The Original Perle Di Sole Lemon Drops
Onto another, and what a fancy name these have, you are probably thinking. Well, they have that name because they are from the Amalfi Coast.
They have a sensationally tasty sour lemon outer shell, and then, once you’ve cracked through this, you can enjoy a pleasant surprise.
That surprise is the fizzy lemon inner core. But that’s not all. These lemon drops are made with essential oils derived from real lemons.
So they have a nice natural flavor.
- AUTHENTIC ITALIAN EXPERIENCE: Directly from the Amalfi Coast, these are the same lemon balls that you found in Capri or Positano; relive your holiday memories with a bag of these Italian treats
- FIZZY LEMON FILLING: Enjoy the classic flavor of lemons in a sweet exterior combined with a core filled with a sour fizzy filling that slowly dissolves in your mouth, for a delightful burst that caters to your cravings
- INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED DELIGHTS: Experience the joy of Italian hard candy individually wrapped for your convenience, whether you're indulging in on-the-go snacks, or sharing moments at weddings, office and home gatherings
- ITALIAN FOOD GIFTS: surprise with these lemon candies from Italy; ideal for friends, family, and co-workers, these delicacies bring a piece of Italy to any occasion and no one can resist them
- LEMON FLAVORED CANDY: Let these genuine Italian sweets captivate your senses; the essential oils of zesty Italian lemons captured in these specialty candies offer a refreshing taste that stands apart
Gilliam Old Fashioned Candy Flavored Lemon Drops
Another kosher-certified product, these lemon drops are sanded by an old-fashioned method…hence the name. Gilliam has been making these since 1927.
So you can bet, as it’s a recipe that has stood the test of time, that these lemon drops will not disappoint you, and they will give you that fix that your sour lemon-craving tongue desires.
Songwha Lemon Ginger Hard Candies
We’re going to mix it up a little now by adding some ginger into the mix.
These hard candies from Songwha ensure that the lemon and ginger complement one another beautifully to give you a flavor that is warm and spicy yet tangy and lemony.
Want to know what is also great about the inclusion of ginger?
The fact is that it can aid your stomach with any problems you might be having.
So you get to feel better whilst tasting a great candy.
And if it couldn’t get any better, these candies are made from pure ginger extract, and they contain no artificial flavors or colors. All natural.
- ALL NATURAL: Made from pure ginger extract with no artificial flavors, colors and free from GMO's.
- SO TASTY: Just the right balance of spicy warm ginger and tang lemon.
- STOMACH PROBLEMS? Ginger is great for helping with nausea and motion sickness.
- Made in Korea
Laeys Lemon Bulk Sanded Candy Drops
The final candy on today’s list is another sanded one, versatile to fit your needs whether that be a snack or a party-sharing treat.
When you eat sour lemon candies, you’re looking for something that tastes nostalgic, as if you’ve stepped back into an old candy store.
Boy, do Laeys achieve that taste with these brilliant drops!
- Claeys Lemon Bulk Sanded Candy Drops - 2 lbs of Fresh Delicious Candy
- Claeys Lemon Bulk Sanded Candy Drops - 2 lbs of Fresh Delicious Candy
- Delicious classic sanded sugary candy. Fill your candy dishes!
- Perfect for a snack or a goodie bag or after dinner treat.
- Items are repackaged in a facility that may contain milk, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, wheat and all other allergens.
What Makes A Good Sour Lemon Candy
A good sour lemon candy is one that is wrapped and has a combination of the right longevity, sourness, size, and flavor.
Doesn’t seem unreasonable to ask this of our sour lemon candy, does it?
Any good sour lemon candy will be more than up for the task.
Let’s quickly go through each of those desirable characteristics I previously laid out. Starting with…
Hard candies can get sticky, especially if exposed to sunlight and heat.
It’s, therefore, best that a sour lemon candy is wrapped.
This way, they won’t get sticky in your pockets or wherever you left them.
It’s also more hygienic if the sour lemon candy is wrapped and therefore protected from germs and bacteria.
Hard candies are hard so that they can last a while. We eat them because we want to suck on the candy and enjoy the brilliant flavors it has to offer for a long period.
We, therefore, want sour lemon candies that last a fairly long time.
Ones that are finished very quickly are no fun.
At the same time, we want sour lemon candies that don’t take too long to be eaten.
It’s got to be just right so that we get to enjoy the flavors for a while but so long that we get bored.
This factor can come down to your personal preference.
Ultimately, you want a sour candy that you enjoy. So you might like the subtly sour one or one that’s got a stronger sour taste.
So you’ll have to experiment to find the best sour lemon candy for you.
Of course, a sour lemon candy that isn’t sour at all is not ideal. Nor is one that is so sour that you can’t even taste the lemon flavor.
How sour your sour lemon candy is will depend on how much citric acid is used in its making.
Pretty self-explanatory. Sour lemon hard candy that fills your mouth up isn’t ideal.
You want a nice size that pops in your mouth and is big enough to disperse plenty of great flavor sensations on your tongue.
Sure, we want a healthy balance between sweet and sour lemon. This is when sour lemon candies taste best.
But sour lemon candies that also combine other flavors, like the one with ginger on my top 5 list, can be amazing and well worth a try…if done right, of course.
Things To Look For When Buying Sour Lemon Hard Candy
You need to look out for value for money, any candy fillings, the type of hard candy you want, what you want the candy for, and customer reviews.
It’s not just about buying the tastiest sour lemon candy. There are other things to consider. So let’s get into some of them.
Value for Money
You want to get plenty of sour lemon hard candy for your buck.
As I’ve said earlier, Amazon is good because it offers bulk buys at money-saving rates.
So first, work out what your budget is, then calculate what sour lemon hard candy you can get at a money-saving rate.
Some sour lemon candies will have added fillings, like sherbet fillings, for example. You need to decide if you want such a filling or not.
Whatever you decide, make sure you check the product description when finding out if a sour lemon candy has such a filling.
Type of Hard Candy
Sour lemon hard candies commonly come as balls or lozenges.
So make up your mind as to which one you want.
What Do You Need Them For?
I’m not being nosey. I’m just suggesting that what you intend to use the sour lemon candy for will influence the bag you buy.
Is it for a party? Or for your family? Get a big bag, then.
If it’s just for personal use, then you’ll only need a smaller bag.
If you’re not sure, check out what other customers are saying in the review section.
So, you know my favorite sour lemon candies.
Now it’s time for you to go and find your own.
You have all the tools and tips, so it’s over to you.
Best of luck and happy lemon sour candy eating.
Hello, I’m Matthew, a candy expert and enthusiast with over a decade of experience in the candy industry. My passion for candy started at a very young age. Since then, I have worked in numerous, large candy stores, and have been fortunate enough to try out hundreds of brands of candies, different types and flavors. In addition to my work, I enjoy sharing my extensive knowledge with others, and decided to create Sugar Stand in order to do so. My mission is to make the world a sweeter place, one candy at a time.