If there’s anything more fulfilling than eating candy, it’s eating candy that you’ve made yourself. There’s just something so satisfying about putting time and effort into the craftsmanship of candy so that you can savor the fabulous tastes and textures you have created.
To make your own candy, you’re going to need some specialized utensils.
One of the most important is a candy mold.
Molds are very important as they are the utensil that your candy will sit in to shape and set.
As it’s an important job, you’ll want to get the best candy mold for your process.
And that’s what we’re going to be doing today, taking a look at the best candy molds out there!
- 1 Best Candy Molds
- 2 What Kind Of Molds Do You Use For Hard Candy
- 3 What Mold Is Best For Chocolate
- 4 What Material Is Best For Candy Molds
- 5 Finally
Best Candy Molds
Different molds are better for different types of candy making because remember that not every candy is made in the same way.
Some molds are versatile, whilst others primarily work best with a specific type of candy.
With this all in mind, I have compiled a list of what I believe are the top 5 best candy molds out there on the market.
Here they are…
Smart Molds Silicone Candy Molds
This diverse set of molds includes smileys, hearts, shells, flowers, stars, and swirls.
They even come with an eBook that contains 5 candy-making recipes.
So it’s a perfect deal if you’re just starting to produce your own candy.
As well as their excellent variety when it comes to shapes, these silicone molds are very easy to clean and can also be cleaned in the dishwasher.
Trust me; you want molds that clean easily. You didn’t get into candy making to wash candy molds up, did you?
So you want to spend as little time in the candy-making process cleaning your molds.
In terms of how they produce candy, these molds are made of a silicone that releases the candy easily so that they rise without any trouble or damage.
If you use them all in one go, these molds will produce 90 candies of varying designs. What’s more, they can also be used as ice trays.
Either way, they’re a fantastic set of molds, perfect for when you need to cater for a party.
- ✅ PROFESSIONAL CANDY MOLDS – If you love making an impression with your sweets, then our cute silicone molds are the key to success. Each mold for chocolate is made from high-grade food silicone, so, they’re flexible, waterproof, with a non-stick surface. This makes our candy & chocolate molds the best if you’re looking to give your treats a picture-perfect look.
- ✅ 5 UNIQUE CANDY RECIPES FREE – Looking for a boost in your candy-making? Well, with these chocolate candy molds you’ll turn over a new leaf. As a sincere gift, we will provide our candy molds silicone set with an exclusive “5 Recipes” eBook created by highly skilled professionals in the industry. Treat your beloved ones with something special.
- ✅ EASY TO USE AND CLEAN – Making candy from our chocolate making kit is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Each tray gives you the ability to craft your delicious treats with perfection. When you’re done, the special surface makes popping the candies out remarkably simple without leaving any deliciousness behind. Afterward, cleaning is simple; just throw them in the dishwasher and enjoy your treats.
- ✅ GREAT DESIGNS & VARIETY – Our chocolate molds silicone shapes will step-up your game by providing attractive patterns to choose from. It comes with a silicone Star mold, Smiley, Shell, Flower, Heart, and Helix circle mold. Having crisp detail and pretty designs, each truffle mold will allow you to showcase your delicacy in a highly-attractive manner.
- ✅ ALL-PURPOSE MOLDS – If you are looking for a way to create something special, our fat bomb molds are perfect. The multi-purpose design of these silicone molds for candy making allows you to craft attractive Jelly Candies, Bath Melts, Decorative Candles, or Gift Soaps. Use your imagination and SMART MOLDS to produce your unique creations!
Gummy Bear Silicone Candy Molds
Most people who start making their own candy want to make gummy bears. Mainly because you can do so much with candy bears; you can infuse them with cannabis (if it’s legal in your state, of course) and also with alcohol.
These gummy bears are perfect for producing well-shaped gummy bears, and they’re easy for kids to use as well if they’re helping you make the candy.
And so they should!
They want to eat a gummy bear; they gotta make a gummy bear.
You can produce 50 bears per mold, so across the set of 4 you’re looking at 200 bears per batch.
But guess what?
These molds can make gummy bears, but they can also make chocolate bears!
Easy to wash and dishwasher-appropriate, these molds are the way to go when it comes to homemade gummy bear production.
- EXCLUSIVE VALUE SET: 4pcs bear molds can make 200 mini bears of various treats at a time. BPA free
- COME WITH DROPPERS: 2 droppers are very handy, easy to fill liquid into molds, especially for kids
- VERSATILE SILICONE MOLDS: Making healthy food of mini candy, chocolate, gummy, mint and much more.
- NON-STICK & EASY RELEASE: Flexible and easy to clean, making these cute silicone candy molds with your kids, I believe kids will love it with good detail shape
- Please pay attention to the size, it's mini size, each bear size: 1ml
JOERSH 2 Pack Square Silicone Candy Molds
These are great for pretty much everything. Gummies, chocolate, caramels, ganache, and even ice cubes.
They’re made of 100% food-grade silicone, and each set can produce 252 gummies at a time.
You can use them in the oven, in the refrigerator, in the freezer, or in the microwave.
Anything you ask of them, these molds will get it done. They’re non-stick, so they produce an easy release whilst remaining clean and durable.
- ♥ You will get 2 mini silicone molds and 2 droppers in this pack, make 252 gummies in one go, each square capacity 2 ML, 0.6"x0.6"x0.4"
- ♥ Made of 100% food-grade square silicone mold, BPA Free
- ♥ Wide temperature range from -40°F to 446 °F (-40 °C to 230 °C), suitable for ovens , freezers, refrigerators and microwaves
- ♥ Non-stick candy molds are easy to release and clean, Durable can be used repeatedly
- ♥ Suitable for home baking and RETAIL, use as caramels molds, chocolate molds, gummie molds, ice cube tray and more
O’creme Round Gummy Candy Silicone Molds
Designed to produce perfectly shaped gummies, these molds can also be used for chocolate truffles, caramels, jelly, ganaches, and pralines.
These fantastically versatile molds are used by professionals, but don’t worry! They’re easy to use for you beginners as well.
They’re made of high-quality silicone that can endure extremely hostile temperatures in the oven and the freezer.
Reusable and very easy to clean and maintain, these molds are a no-brainer if you’re looking for premium quality.
- Premium Quality - High grade silicone is temperature resistant from -40° F to 500° F to allow for use in the freezer as well as the oven
- Commercial and Non-Commercial - This versatile mold is ideal for commercial use, while it is easy to use for non-commercial purposes
- Multiple Uses - Can be used for chocolate truffles, jelly, candy, ganache, and caramel for easy-to-create perfect sweet treats. Ideal for forming round gummy candy.
- Versatile - This mold is reusable and easy to maintain
- Each of the 54 cylinder shaped cavities has a diameter of 26mm, height of 6mm, and a capacity of 0.14 oz., while the size of the entire sheet measures 15” x 11 ½”- rounded and flat at the end for forming short cylinder shapes
Marijuana Cannabis Hemp Leaf Silicone Candy Molds 3
If cannabis is illegal in your state, keep scrolling. Or don’t!
Who says you have to just use these molds for cannabis-infused candy?
You can use these molds to produce candy that looks like the cannabis leaf without actually having any cannabis-infused candy.
But if it’s legal in your state and you partake, then this is probably the set of molds you were waiting for.
Made from BPA-free silicone, these are non-stick molds that are easy to clean and allow for the candy to be easily released.
Suitable for the dishwasher, freezer, and oven, they can be used to make cannabis edibles, chocolate bites, hard candy, and fondant.
Yes, you can even use these for making ice cubes… funny-looking ice cubes!
- PROFESSIONAL high quality PATENT PENDING design, non-toxic material used to create candies or cake embellishments that look amazing and taste great!
- FOOD SAFE: BPA Free silicone. Non-stick material allows for easy release and simple to clean. Oven and dishwasher safe! Temperature Range -40F to 464F
- YUMMY TREATS: Can be used for making cupcake toppers, edibles, chocolate snacks, hard candy, fondant, butter patties and other amazing creations. Can also be used in the freezer to make awesome ice cubes.
- GREAT GIFT for that friend that has everything! Also great for making soap, candles, decorations and other crafts.
- SHARING: We donate a portion of all product sales to the Medical Cannabis Research Fund (MCRF) to help the those who suffer from cancer, chronic pain and debilitating health conditions. Federal funding for this type of research is nearly impossible to obtain. By purchasing this product, you are helping to support this very important research project.
What Kind Of Molds Do You Use For Hard Candy
Stainless steel molds are great for making hard candy with, and so too are various types of plastic, aluminum, and polycarbonate. But silicone also gets the job done too.
Stainless steel is a food-grade material, meaning it is safe for use with something that humans will consume.
It’s incredibly stable and able to endure the hostile temperature of both the freezer and oven which are normally always present in the hard candy-making process.
It also contains anti-bacterial compounds and is easy to clean.
Overall, they’re very good for hard candies because they meet the relevant, healthy, and safety requirements that go with making this kind of candy.
At the same time, you could also use silicon molds as they are incredibly advantageous and versatile.
They are particularly useful as nothing sticks to them, so they’re easy to remove candy from.
They don’t need to be greased at all and are very flexible, so you just have to bend them and out pop your ready-made candies.
There’s a lot more to be said about silicone molds. And it will be said. Just a little bit later.
Different types of plastic work differently.
White plastic can withstand extreme temperatures, so suitable for making hard candy in ovens.
Clear plastic is more versatile than white plastic, but at the same time, it can’t be heated as high. Otherwise, they will melt.
Molds made of aluminum will consistently produce excellent homemade candy for a long time. It’s much stronger than plastic as well.
Very durable and so rigid that you will see the tiny details engraved in any hard candy you make. A lot of professionals use polycarbonate, so why shouldn’t you?
What Mold Is Best For Chocolate
Silicone molds are the best for chocolate making at home, although plastic ones are a reasonable alternative.
Of course, the right mold will vary depending on the candy maker. After all, you want to make candy in the shapes and sizes that meet your preferences.
So once you’ve found a candy mold that has the right shapes to make the chocolate you’re after, next, you need to make sure you’ve got the right material.
Silicone has been omnipresent throughout this article. That’s because there isn’t much competition from any other material. Silicone really does make the best candy molds.
And it’s no different when it comes to chocolate.
Plastic molds can be used to great effect as an alternative. They’re cheaper and have transparent surfaces.
However, there are also some drawbacks.
For example, they are much more likely to break, especially if you drop them at any point.
There also nowhere near as flexible as silicone molds, so it will be difficult to get your chocolates out.
What Material Is Best For Candy Molds
Silicone is generally the best when it comes to candy molds. This is for a variety of reasons!
Shall we get into the reasons for why silicone is so great?
Silicone molds are great because they don’t break and are very durable, so you’ll get plenty of use out of them.
They’re suitable and safe for use in the freezer, oven, refrigerator, and microwave.
They’re also incredibly flexible. Why is flexibility good for a mold? Because it makes it easy to remove your candies from the mold without them being tarnished or damaged.
You can also find plenty of shapes in the silicone world. So there’s variety there!
They produce easily released candy which means they come out in the perfect sizes and shapes.
They’re easy to clean and dishwasher safe as well.
And finally, silicone is non-toxic. So you won’t have to worry about any chemicals leaking from the molds onto your candy.
Now go, I say to you.
Find the candy molds that will help you fulfill your endeavors.
Willy Wonka had to start somewhere…
…and you can probably bet that it was with a silicone mold!
Hello, I’m Matthew – a candy enthusiast and the founder of Sugar Stand. I created this site to share everything I learn about the world of candy – from brands, and products all the way through to recommendations and opinions. If you have a sweet tooth like me, you’ve come to the right place!