Weddings are great for us guests. You get to dress up nicely. You get free delicious food. You get free drinks. Oh! And you get to see two people get married.
But the advantages of being a wedding guest don’t stop there.
We are also gifted with wedding favors as a sign of gratitude for attending the happy couple’s wedding. Things just get better and better…for us guests.
However, for you, the happy soon-to-be Mr & Mrs, you have a lot to organize and pay for.
Perhaps you’re here today because you are struggling to come up with ideas for your guests’ wedding favors.
Well, don’t sweat it anymore!
Today, I’m going to give you some wedding favor candy suggestions.
I’m also going to go further by explaining what makes a good wedding favor candy.
So, let’s get started.
Best Candies For Wedding Favors
I love weddings. And I love candy. So I think it’s fair to say, without blowing my own trumpet, that I know a thing or two about wedding favors.
I have therefore decided to compile a top 5 list of candies I believe are best for use as wedding favors for a variety of different reasons.
Please note that all of these candies can be bought from Amazon.com.
I buy all of my candy from Amazon because you can buy it in bulk, at great prices, all whilst it is freshly delivered to your doorstep.
A very convenient service when you consider how busy you’ll be in the weeks leading up to your wedding.
So without further ado, here is my top 5 list of the best wedding candy favors.
Jolly Ranchers Hard Candy and Lollipops
We’re going to start things off with a wrapped hard candy and a popular brand, especially here in our home of the US of A.
Jolly Ranchers are one of my favorite candy lines produced by Hershey’s.
Whether it be their lollipops or their regular hard candy, they come in plenty of delicious flavors, including Orange, Green Apple, Blue Raspberry, Pineapple, Cherry, Peach, Watermelon, Grape, Strawberry, Fruit Punch, Lemon, Golden Pineapple, Mango, and Lime.
What a list of flavors!
As they are a hard candy, you have to suck on Jolly Ranchers before you eat them, which means that they’re not messy candy.
Which is perfect for weddings because who wants something messy to eat on this special occasion?
You can bet that any Jolly Ranchers’ products will be a flavorsome hit on your big day.
- Delight in a burst of powerful fruity flavor with this assortment of original flavor JOLLY RANCHER Treats.
- Fill candy bowls for everyday snacking or special occasions with this sweet and fruity treat.
- Each piece of cherry, watermelon, green apple, and blue raspberry flavored candy is individually wrapped for a conveniently portable snack.
- Made with natural and artificial flavors, JOLLY RANCHER Hard Candies are a fat-free food.
- This product ships as one 5-pound box.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Probably not ideal if you have any guests attending with nut allergies.
But if you’re in the all-clear in this department, then Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are a must.
Many consider Reese’s the most universally popular candy brand, so it’s a safe bet that your guests will be delighted when they recognize the iconic orange packaging in the wedding favor set on their table.
Immensely delicious and also wrapped, which is a key recurring theme in this list that I will explain the importance of soon.
- Contains one hundred five (105) 0.31-ounce REESE'S Miniatures Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Candy in a bulk box
- Enjoy smooth peanut butter and rich milk chocolate REESE'S cups during road trips, friend gatherings and nights at home with the family, or use these bulk candies for concession stands and fundraising events
- Kosher, individually wrapped and gluten-free REESE'S milk chocolate peanut butter cups in a bulk candy box big enough to share with everyone
- Use REESE'S candy for filling birthday gift bags and back-to-school lunch boxes or bridal and baby shower candy dishes
- Bite into the timeless taste of REESE'S peanut butter and milk chocolate shrunk to a miniature treat when you need the perfect Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter or Halloween candy
Lindt Chocolate Truffles
Perhaps the most luxurious brand on the list is from the Swiss chocolate maker Lindt.
Their chocolate truffles are renowned around the world.
Small chocolate balls, creamy and tasty beyond imagination, are wrapped in colorful packaging that indicates whatever flavor they may be.
Lindt are master chocolate makers and have been leading the way since their founding in 1845.
If you want a wedding favor candy that is going to stun your guests with excitement, Lindt’s Chocolate Truffles are the ones to stock up on.
Just thinking about them is getting me excited.
Just hold on for a few moments; I need to make a quick Amazon purchase…
- 50.8 oz., 120 Count of Lindt LINDOR Milk Chocolate Truffles, Valentines Day Candy
- Features a delicate milk chocolate shell that envelops an irresistibly smooth milk truffle filling
- Lindt LINDOR chocolate truffles are the perfect self-indulgence, and make thoughtful gifts for all of your valentines, including friends, coworkers, teachers and that special someone
- Individually wrapped milk chocolate candy truffles in a large box are perfect for sharing and stocking up
- Kosher chocolate made with premium, high quality ingredients that make Lindt chocolate exceptional
Airheads Mini Bars
I’m just back from ordering a thousand Lindt Chocolate Truffles.
And no, before you ask, I’m not getting married. I’m just obsessed with…alright!
Enough of that now.
Time for the next wedding favors candy, and we’re shaking things up now with Airheads.
But let me specify now, you need to look for their mini bar range as these are best suited for wedding favors due to their convenient size.
Airheads come in a variety of tangy flavors that will blow your own head off.
Chewy and non-melting, these colorful candy bars have a stretchy consistency that makes them a very pleasant snack out of the candy jar.
Oh, and they also come wrapped, of course.
- Includes a fruit flavored individually wrapped Airheads mini bars
- Perfect treat size and easy to share. Stock up your pantry or use Airheads bulk candy for holidays, event party favors, office treats, concession stands, kids' parties and more
- Kosher, gluten-free and allergy-free candy. Free of all "Big 8" allergens: milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, fish, shellfish and wheat
- Unwrap the fun and play delicious Get creative and cut or mold Airheads into custom treats.
Mentos Mini Packs
Weddings can go on for some time. There’s plenty of eating, drinking, mingling, and dancing.
Such activities can cause your guests to develop a dry mouth and, consequently, breath that isn’t the best smelling.
Many of them will be aware of this, others not so much.
But the point is that your guests will be relieved to discover a pack of Mentos in their wedding favor.
Again, make sure it’s the mini packs you stock up on.
Mentos are a renowned mint brand famous across the globe.
They’re delicious and definitely a welcomed candy at any wedding.
- Each box includes two, bulk, 385 count bags of Mentos individually wrapped Peppermint chewy candy mints (total of 770 pieces)
- 385 individually wrapped Mentos peppermint flavored chewy candy mints per each 37 ounce bag
- Gluten-free and colors from natural sources
- Individually wrapped Mentos mints are great for snacking or freshening breath on the go
What Makes A Candy Good For A Wedding Favor?
A candy that is good for wedding favors will be wrapped, conveniently sized, available to purchase in multipacks, and a luxury brand or at least popular amongst your guests.
To understand what makes a candy good for a wedding favor, we need to define the nature of what wedding favors actually are.
They’re a small gift that is placed on a table beside each guest’s place, there for them to open when they sit down.
Knowing this, it is easier to understand why wedding favor candies need to possess certain characteristics. So let’s go through them one by one.
If the wedding favors are going to sit on a table to await their guest, then it’s probably best that they are wrapped.
This way, it’s much more hygienic.
Otherwise, if you leave an unwrapped candy just on a table, then it’s going to collect dust and germs.
So try to stick with wrapped candies.
Pretty self-explanatory this one. Don’t get a huge bar of chocolate for every guest.
Instead, get something that is small and convenient as a wedding favor.
Hence why some of the candies on my top 5 list were from the brand’s mini-pack range.
This isn’t so much for your guests, more so for your own convenience.
Hopefully, you’ll have a lot of guests at your wedding, which means you’ll need a lot of wedding favors.
In order to save money and ensure you have enough wedding favor candy, you’ll need to buy in bulk.
The candies in my top 5 list can all be bought in multipacks from Amazon.
Luxury (Or At Least Popular)
Weddings are fancy things.
So you might want to look at getting luxury candies as your wedding favors.
But this might add up cost-wise. So what do you do instead?
You make sure that the candy you choose for the wedding favors is popular so that your guests won’t be disappointed.
Trust me, the 5 candies in my top 5 list are all big popular brands that are deliiiicious!
How Much Candy Do You Need To Buy For Wedding Favors?
You should aim to buy at least 4 ounces of candy per guest.
You need to make sure that you buy enough candy.
Better to have too much than too little.
That way, you can ensure that every guest gets a wedding favor.
How much exactly per guest? I would say 4 ounces.
So, multiply your guest count by 4, and that’s how many ounces of candy you’ll need for your wedding favors.
Price-wise you’ll probably be looking at spending $2 to $3 per wedding favor.
But it could be less…or it could be more!
Other Things To Consider When Having Candy As Wedding Favors
When having candy as wedding favors, you should also consider any guest dietary requirements, the preservation quality of the candy you use, how far in advance you order the candy, and any color clashes.
Guest Dietary Requirements
Some candies will contain ingredients that some people can be allergic to. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, for example.
So make sure that you have checked every guest’s dietary requirements.
These could be gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free, etc.
Any dietary requirements may influence the candy you choose for your wedding favors.
After all, you don’t want one of your guests to have a bad reaction during the middle of your first dance.
This is particularly important if you’re having a summer wedding.
Because if, let’s say, you have chocolate as your wedding favors, it could melt.
That’s not going to be fun for anyone.
So make sure your candy isn’t susceptible to melting or other damage.
You may decide to avoid chocolate altogether if your wedding is during the summer unless the wedding favors are placed somewhere cool.
Order in Advance
Make sure you order your candy within the perfect time frame.
By this, I mean the candy needs to arrive on time so it can actually be used for the wedding.
But at the same time, you want it to still taste fresh. So you have to be very precise with this.
You will probably spend a lot of time picking the colors and themes for your wedding.
So it’s a good idea to make sure that any of the candy you choose for your wedding favors doesn’t clash too much with the rest of the colors at the wedding.
Your wedding is supposed to be one of the happiest of your life.
So try not to stress too much about the organization and planning.
Hopefully, after reading today’s article, you’ll be fully prepared to pick the best wedding favors for your special day.
Good luck and congratulations!
Other guides you may want to check out:
Hello, I’m Matthew, a candy expert and enthusiast with over a decade of experience in the candy industry. My passion for candy started at a very young age. Since then, I have worked in numerous, large candy stores, and have been fortunate enough to try out hundreds of brands of candies, different types and flavors. In addition to my work, I enjoy sharing my extensive knowledge with others, and decided to create Sugar Stand in order to do so. My mission is to make the world a sweeter place, one candy at a time.